Out of stock
Join us for all three days of this Cheesemaking Bootcamp and receive your Gold Level Certification! You’ll get hands-on experience learning about the tools and techniques used to make a wide variety of beginning, intermediate and advanced level cheeses. Each day we’ll make several different styles of cheese while sampling them along the way, and you’ll take home numerous cheesy creations of your own. You’ll leave knowing the terminology and basic techniques needed to branch off and try other recipes as well. Lunch with wine, coffee and dessert (and lots of cheese!) will be served each day, and we have a few extra activities planned each day as well.
Day One (June 29): Beginner Cheeses 9:00 – 3:00
- Food Safety Overview
- Chevre, Fromage Blanc
- Feta: Dry Salted, Marinated and Brined
- Mozzarella, Ricotta & Burrata
We’ll also have a creamery tour of the Haystack Mountain Cheese Creamery during lunch along with a nice sampling of their award-winning cheeses.
Day Two (June 30): Intermediate Cheeses 9:00 – 3:00
- Food Safety Part 2
- Guido’s Parmesan-Style Cheese
- Colby, Havarti, Gouda
- Bloomy Rind Cheeses: Brie, Camembert and Cana de Cabra
- Cheese Presses; waxing a wheel of cheese
We’ll end this day with a tour of Briar Gate Farm, a small local dairy goat farm.
Day Three (July 1): Advanced Cheeses & Aging Techniques 9:00 – 3:00
- Food Safety Part 3
- Cheddar: From Curds to Pressed & Aged
- Monterey Jack
- Affinage Tips, Tools & Techniques: Learn the methods and ingredients need to make Washed Rind cheeses, Blue cheeses, and Alpine (Swiss) cheeses, along with tips for aging including:
- How to set up an aging facility (aka “cheese cave”)
- Ripening boxes & mats, creating “micro climates” in your cheese cave
- Bandaging & Leaf-wrapping
We’ll end this day by taking a field trip to nearby Cheese Importers.