Out of stock
You’ll get hands-on experience learning about the tools and techniques used to make a wide variety of advanced level cheeses.
Day Three (Jan. 28): Advanced Cheeses & Aging Techniques 9:00 – 3:00
- Food Safety Part 3
- Cheddar: From Curds to Pressed & Aged
- Affinage Tips, Tools & Techniques: Learn the methods and ingredients need to make Washed Rind cheeses, Blue cheeses, and Alpine (Swiss) cheeses, along with tips for aging including:
- How to set up an aging facility (aka “cheese cave”)
- Ripening boxes & mats, creating “micro climates” in your cheese cave
- Bandaging & Leaf-wrapping
We’ll end this day by taking a field trip to nearby Cheese Importers.