4 in stock
Join us for all3 days of home-cheesemaking classes! You’ll get hands-on experience learning about the tools and techniques needed to make nine different styles of cheese covering over 25 of our favorite recipes plus a few bonus activities (like creamery and farm tours).
Day One (Nov. 10): Beginner Cheeses 9:00 – 3:00
- Soft Cheeses: Chèvre, Fromage Blanc, Cream & Cottage Cheese
- Mozzarella, Ricotta & Burrata
- Ethnic Cheeses: Feta & Queso Fresco
Day Two (Nov. 11): Intermediate Cheeses 9:00 – 3:00
- Mold-Ripened Cheeses: Brie, Camembert, Mold-Ripened Goat, Sainte Maure
- Washed-Curd Cheeses: Colby, Havarti & Gouda
- Washed-Rind Cheeses: Trappist-Style Cheeses, Reblochon, Talleggio
Day Three (Nov. 12): Advanced Cheeses 9:00 – 3:00
- Alpine Cheeses: Jarlsberg, Gruyere
- Blue Cheeses: Castle Blue, Gorgonzola, Fourme d’Ambert
- Cheddar Cheeses: Farmhouse Cheddar, Milkmaid Cheddar, Monterey Jack
Cheese sampling throughout the day plus light lunch with wine provided each day.
In addition to all the cheesemaking instruction and cheese sampling, we’ll also do some extra activities including a farm tour at Briar Gate Farm where you’ll get to meet a friendly herd of dairy goats, a behind-the-scenes tour of Haystack Mountain Goat Cheese Creamery where you’ll meet award-winning cheesemaker, Jackie Chang, and a visit to Cheese Importers where you’ll get to shop at one of the largest cheese shops in the region.