13 in stock
This one hour presentation will introduce the beginning cheesemaker to the world of home-cheesemaking. We’ll taste some delicious cheese samples while covering:
- Basic equipment and ingredients
- Milk options and considerations (fresh vs store-bought, raw vs pasteurized, homogenized vs cream-top, organic vs non-organic, local sources, etc.)
- The science behind cheesemaking
- Good recipes to start with
- Resources for ingredients, equipment, and books
We will make a delicious and easy version of handcrafted ricotta during class which you’ll get to sample fresh and warm!
This class is designated as our monthly CHEESE FOR CHARITY CLASS!
Half of all registration fees collected for the class will be donated to a worthy charity. Students who come to this class will get to nominate their favorite charity, tell the class about it (while we’re stirring curds!), and then the class will vote for the charity they feel deserves the contribution the most. The Art of Cheese will then write a check to that charity.