KEY: In-Person, On-the-farm classes are listed in GREEN. Live Zoom classes are listed in YELLOW. Offsite classes are listed in PURPLE. Special Events are listed in RED. Private Events are listed in ORANGE.
TO REGISTER: Click on a class title to get detailed information about that class. Then click the REGISTER HERE link to sign up!
- This event has passed.
Cheesemaking Bootcamp Day Two: Intermediate Cheeses – 9:00 – 3:00
March 24, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$150.00
Join us for one, two, or all three days of this Cheesemaking Bootcamp and receive your Bronze, Silver or Gold Level Certification! You’ll get hands-on experience learning about the tools and techniques used to make a wide variety of beginning, intermediate and advanced level cheeses. Each day we’ll make several different styles of cheese while sampling them along the way, and you’ll take home numerous cheesy creations of your own. You’ll leave knowing the terminology and basic techniques needed to branch off and try other recipes as well. Lunch with wine, coffee and dessert (and lots of cheese!) will be served each day, and we have a few extra activities planned each day as well.
Day One (March 23): Beginner Cheeses 9:00 – 3:00
- Food Safety Overview
- Chevre, Fromage Blanc
- Feta: Dry Salted, Marinated and Brined
- Mozzarella, Ricotta & Burrata
We’ll also have a creamery tour of the Haystack Mountain Cheese Creamery during lunch along with a nice sampling of their award-winning cheeses.
Day Two (March 24): Intermediate Cheeses 9:00 – 3:00
- Food Safety Part 2
- Guido’s Parmesan-Style Cheese
- Colby, Havarti, Gouda
- Bloomy Rind Cheeses: Brie, Camembert and Cana de Cabra
- Cheese Presses; waxing a wheel of cheese
We’ll end this day with a tour of Briar Gate Farm, a small local dairy goat farm.
Day Three (March 25): Advanced Cheeses & Aging Techniques 9:00 – 3:00
- Food Safety Part 3
- Cheddar: From Curds to Pressed & Aged
- Affinage Tips, Tools & Techniques: Learn the methods and ingredients need to make Washed Rind cheeses, Blue cheeses, and Alpine (Swiss) cheeses, along with tips for aging including:
- How to set up an aging facility (aka “cheese cave”)
- Ripening boxes & mats, creating “micro climates” in your cheese cave
- Bandaging & Leaf-wrapping
We’ll end this day by taking a field trip to nearby Cheese Importers.
Attend one day of this bootcamp and you’ll receive a Bronze Level Certification; two days get Silver; and attend all three to receive your Gold!
Day Two Only: $150 – Register Here
All Three Days: $395 (save $55) – Register Here
Don’t see the class you want scheduled at a time convenient for you? Now you can order classes On Demand and watch them at your convenience!
CLASSES ON DEMAND (for more options CLICK HERE):
BEGINNER LEVEL CHEESES:
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL CHEESES:
ADVANCED LEVEL CHEESES:
for more options CLICK HERE