TO REGISTER: Click on a class title to get detailed information about that class. Then click the REGISTER link to sign up!
Color key: GREEN = On-Farm Classes BLUE = Bootcamp PURPLE = Off-site ORANGE = Private Events
- This event has passed.
Cheesemaking Bootcamp Day One: Beginner Cheeses- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
August 23 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$150.00
Join us for one, two, or all three days of this Cheesemaking Bootcamp and receive your Bronze, Silver or Gold Level Certification! ($150 per day or $395 for all three days) You’ll get hands-on experience learning about the tools and techniques used to make a wide variety of beginning, intermediate and advanced level cheeses. Each day we’ll make several different styles of cheese while sampling them along the way, and you’ll take home numerous cheesy creations of your own. You’ll leave knowing the terminology and basic techniques needed to branch off and try other recipes as well. Lunch with wine, coffee and dessert (and lots of cheese!) will be served each day, and we have a few extra activities planned each day as well.
Day One (Aug 23): Beginner Cheeses 9:00 – 4:00
- Food Safety Overview
- Chevre, Fromage Blanc
- Feta: Dry Salted, Marinated and Brined
- Mozzarella, Ricotta & Burrata
We’ll end this day with a tour of Briar Gate Farm and meet our friend herd of dairy goats.
Day Two (Aug 24): Intermediate Cheeses 9:00 – 4:00
- Food Safety Part 2
- Guido’s Parmesan-Style Cheese
- Colby, Havarti, Gouda
- Bloomy Rind Cheeses: Brie, Camembert, Saint Maure and more!
- Cheese Presses; waxing a wheel of cheese
We’ll also have an optional creamery tour of the Haystack Mountain Cheese Creamery at the end of the day which is about 15 minutes from our classroom.
Day Three (Aug 25): Advanced Cheeses & Aging Techniques 9:00 – 3:00
- Food Safety Part 3
- Cheddar: From Curds to Pressed & Aged
- Monterey Jack
- Affinage Tips, Tools & Techniques: Learn the methods and ingredients need to make Washed Rind cheeses, Blue cheeses, and Alpine (Swiss) cheeses, along with tips for aging including: How to set up an aging facility (aka “cheese cave”), Ripening boxes & mats, creating “micro climates” in your cheese cave, Bandaging & Leaf-wrapping
We’ll end this day by taking a field trip to nearby Cheese Importers.
E-mail email@example.com if you’d like to register for only one or two days.
Register Here for All Three Days and save $55
TAKE A CLASS FROM ANYWHERE, ANY TIME
Not close to us, or having scheduling difficulties? Take our online or DVD classes.