KEY: In-Person, On-the-farm classes are listed in GREEN. Live Zoom classes are listed in YELLOW. Offsite classes are listed in PURPLE. Special Events are listed in RED. Private Events are listed in ORANGE.
TO REGISTER: Click on a class title to get detailed information about that class. Then click the REGISTER HERE link to sign up!
- This event has passed.
Cheesemaking 101 + Creamery Tour – 2:00 pm
November 19, 2015 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
We’ll start with a behind-the-scenes look at the new Haystack Mountain Goat Cheese Creamery where you’ll get to meet award-winning cheesemaker, Jackie Chang. At the conclusion of the tour you’ll get to sample several varieties of cheeses in our new Cheese Education Center while learning about how you can make your own cheeses at home!
The Cheesemaking 101 presentation will introduce the beginning cheesemaker to the world of home-cheesemaking including:
- The art and science behind cheesemaking
- Basic equipment and ingredients needed
- Milk options and considerations (fresh vs store-bought, raw vs pasteurized, homogenized vs cream-top, organic vs non-organic, local sources, etc.)
- Good recipes to start with
- Resources for ingredients, equipment, and books
You’ll get to watch a demonstration of how chèvre and ricotta can easily be made at home and will learn all the basics needed to try more advanced cheeses at home, too. Cheesemaking supplies as well as award-winning Haystack Mountain cheeses will be available for purchase at the conclusion of the class.
* Note: Due to food safety regulations, we can only permit foodservice industry visitors inside of our cheesemaking room but we have large windows looking into it so you will get to see all the action! Also please note that we do not operate a farm and there are not any goats onsite at the creamery.
This class has been cancelled due to low registration numbers.
Don’t see the class you want scheduled at a time convenient for you? Now you can order classes On Demand and watch them at your convenience!
CLASSES ON DEMAND (for more options CLICK HERE):
BEGINNER LEVEL CHEESES:
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL CHEESES:
ADVANCED LEVEL CHEESES:
for more options CLICK HERE