TO REGISTER: Click on a class title to get detailed information about that class. Then click the REGISTER link to sign up!
Color key: ORANGE = Haystack Creamery Classroom GREEN = Farm-to-table BLUE = Bootcamp PURPLE = Off-site
- This event has passed.
Cheesemaking 101 – 6:00 pm
December 19, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Cheesemaking 101: This one hour presentation will introduce the beginner cheesemaker to the world of home-cheesemaking. We’ll taste some delicious cheese samples while covering:
- Basic equipment and ingredients;
- Milk options and considerations (fresh vs store-bought, raw vs pasteurized, homogenized vs cream top, organic vs non-organic, local sources);
- The science behind cheesemaking;
- Good recipes to start with
- Resources for ingredients, equipment and books
TAKE A CLASS FROM ANYWHERE, ANY TIME
Not close to us, or having scheduling difficulties? Take our online or DVD classes.