TO REGISTER: Click on a class title to get detailed information about that class. Then click the REGISTER link to sign up!
Color key: ORANGE = Haystack Creamery Classroom GREEN = Farm-to-table BLUE = Bootcamp PURPLE = Off-site
Join Kate Johnson from The Art of Cheese, Longmont’s very own cheesemaking school, as she introduces you to the joys of home cheesemaking! This class will introduce the beginning cheesemaker to the art and science of cheesemaking including:
• Basic equipment and ingredients
• Milk options and considerations (fresh vs store-bought, raw vs pasteurized, homogenized vs cream-top, organic vs non-organic, local sources, etc.)
• The science behind cheesemaking
• Good recipes to start with
• Resources for ingredients, equipment, and books
You’ll learn how to make a quick & easy soft cheese which you’ll get to sample on the spot, and Kate will also guide you through a sampling of delicious Haystack Mountain artisan cheeses. You’ll leave with recipes for several easy cheeses that you can go home and make yourself.
(use keyword “Cheese” on their registration page)
Not close to us, or having scheduling difficulties? Take our online or DVD classes.