This one hour presentation will introduce the beginning cheesemaker to the world of home-cheesemaking. We’ll taste some delicious cheese samples while covering:
- Basic equipment and ingredients
- Milk options and considerations (fresh vs store-bought, raw vs pasteurized, homogenized vs cream-top, organic vs non-organic, local sources, etc.)
- The science behind cheesemaking
- Good recipes to start with
- Resources for ingredients, equipment, and books
We will make a delicious and easy version of handcrafted ricotta during class which you’ll get to sample fresh and warm!